Patti Price Challenges Fellow Easement Monitors to Fund Initiative
- POST thanks volunteer Patti Price for her generous $50,000 matching gift in support of our Conservation Easement Initiative. Patti is an easement volunteer on the Cinnabar Vineyards property monitoring team.
- Just $100,000 more is needed to reach the $3 million goal for this initiative. Patti has challenged fellow volunteers to raise the remaining $50,000 by offering to double their gifts.
- “With intelligence and foresight, POST has set
up a special fund for the protection of conservation
easements. I hope that others will share in donating
what they can to help protect the open space in our
area,” says Patti.
- A conservation easement is a voluntary
agreement between a landowner and a qualified organization such as POST that restricts development
while enabling the landowner to retain use of
and title to a property. These agreements are tied
directly to the land in perpetuity, meaning they
remain effective forever, even if a property changes
- With its Conservation Easement Initiative,
POST recognizes the need to ensure the future of
this powerful and cost-effective land conservation
tool. Gifts to the Initiative will help POST increase
our capacity to monitor easements and defend
possible challenges to easements that may arise.
If you would like more information about the
Initiative, please contact Senior Gifts Officer
Daphne Muehle at (650) 854-7696, x317 or
dmuehle at openspacetrust.org.
Know Your Wildflowers . . .